Staff Professional Development and Appraisal Committee
- Chairlady：Leung Mei Yin
- Vice-chairlady： Cheung Kam Ning
- Yeung Wai Shun
- Chan Wai Kee
- Lam Wan Fung
- Mok Ka Man
- Tsui Yen Hang
1.Respond to the school’s major concerns:
- Strengthen the teaching team, improve professionalism.:
- Establish Professional Learning Community, Strengthen Professional Development
- Progress from pre-lesson tasks to school-based lesson learning guide
- Enhance assessment literacy of teachers to elevate learning and teaching by means of statistical analysis:
- Enhance assessment literacy of teachers to elevate learning and teaching by means of statistical analysis???
2.Respond to the team’s major concerns:
- Help colleagues know more about the latest education policies and news for their professional growth
- Enhance support among teachers, create an atmosphere of continuous professional development, and cooperate with the future development of the school
- Care for the physical and mental health of teachers
- Assist the teachers in implementing various activities such as ‘Project Learning’, ‘Learning from Reading’, ‘Moral Education and Civic Education’, etc.
- Assist the school in promoting self-evaluation
B. Tentative activities for professional development training:
- 20th August, 2018:
Topic: Assessment workshop to promote learning (3 hours)
Guest Speaker: Professor Mok Mo-ching (Former Director of the Assessment Research
Centre of the Education University of Hong Kong)
- 2018/19_New Teachers Training:
(A) New Teachers Training Day on campus (3 hours):
Completed on 1st September, 2018 (Saturday)
(B) CCC New Teachers Symposium (3 hours):
Completed on 22nd September, 2018 (Saturday) at CCC Cheung Lo Church
- 1st October 2018 – 7th December, 2018:
Conduct ‘exchanging’ lesson observation and ‘open classroom’ in the first term
- 20th November, 2018 – 11th December, 2018:
Four teachers will participate in the open classroom at the ‘Self-regulated Learning Festival’ (10/2018 – 1/2019) organised by Hong Kong Association of the Heads of Secondary Schools this year.
- December 2018 – May 2019
In order to strengthen the teaching team as well as elevate learning and teaching, we have invited Mr. Ho Ming-sang to launch the ‘New Teachers Mentee and Mentor’ collaboration programme.
- 16th November, 2018
1st Staff Development Day: Arrange all teachers to take the High Speed Rail to Guangzhou Siyuan School for lesson observation and professional exchange
- 2018/19 1st Term Uniform Test Subject-based Training Activity Arrangement: 7th November ~ 9th November (PM session)
- iPortfolio Workshop – conducted by the Information Technology committee
- Assisting students in career planning counseling (VASK) – conducted by the
- Liberal Studies: Preparation Strategy and Senior Secondary Standardisation meeting
2018/19 2nd Term Uniform Test Subject-based Training Activity Arrangement: 21st
March ~ 23rd March (PM Session)
- The focus of this year’s training is to improve teachers’ assessment skills, based on the subject needs, in different Key Learning Areas.
- 1st February, 2019
2nd Staff Development Day: Arrange all teachers to attend ‘SRL Network Schools’ at the Teachers Professional Development Day of Hong Kong Association of the Heads of Secondary Schools
- 3rd June, 2019
3rd Staff Development Day: Plan the development plan of the school for the coming year and conduct the annual performance review, more details will be confirmed later.